The Marc Petitpas Group welcomes Tamara as our authorized partner. Tamara is based out of Montreal, Quebec but ready and licensed to work with anyone on our behalf in North America
Find out more about here on this page. To reach out for a free diagnosis with her, click below
Tamara interviews Marc to find out why his new book is such an important part of the mission for him, and why Marc and Tamara believe organizations will benefit from our training based on the book. The 50 Year - Old Millennial is available on Amazon today.
Check out the CEO and Owner of the Marc Petitpas group welcoming our first authorized partner in Montreal, Tamara Pless - Amonte
Even though I worked for the same Fortune 50 company for 30 years, when you work for a company with that type of size and scale you never feel like it’s the same place for very long! I’ve had the good fortune of working in three states and two countries, on the foodservice and retail side of the business on teams and leading teams.
I always think it’s important that people know where I started from because I want people to understand that all I know and all that I share comes from starting from the ‘bottom’ and working my way up.
It also has included some of the best training the industry as to offer – Executive Selling, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership, Coaching & Business Development to name a few.
But the most important ‘training’ I’ve received has not come formally. It has come through experience, both good and bad.
I will constantly bring a fresh perspective to every situation but always with a focus on people. Your ability to grow and sustain a successful business in today’s environment will depend heavily on how your business model is built. No matter what trade you are in people will always be the foundation of your success. How you build that foundation, fix the cracks on the way, adjust and upgrade as needed will be what differentiates you from the competition and attract new business.
Investing in people – will ALWAYS deliver a solid ROI.
I’m here to help you get there.
Passionate and driven leader with both Retail and Foodservice experience. Established track record for success. Possesses outstanding leadership capabilities with the capacity to motivate teams while delivering results. Diverse cross-functional background including sales and brand marketing for both Retail and Foodservice channels of business. Bilingual: French/English
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Coaching & Leadership – Talent Development - Project Management – Go to Market Strategies
TPA Business Consulting & Coaching, Montreal, QC (2020-current)
· Created new Go to Market Strategy & Business assesment for Canadian based distributor
· Talent & Business Asssesment for Top Rated Daycare in Montreal
· Opened new office for Montreal Based Charity organization
PEPSICO, Montreal, QC - Chicago, Il, - Boston, MA, - Buena Park, CA
Senior Director of Sales, National Accounts (2015 – 2019)
Coached and led a team of 8 National Sales Managers charged with leading selling strategies for all PepsiCo products (Frito, Quaker and all Beverages) for Canadian arm of 7 international retail and foodservice customers: Compass, Aramark, Sodexo, Marriott, Costco, 7Eleven and Circle-K delivering over $300M in revenue annually
· Collaborated with cross-functional teams including legal, finance and marketing for Pepsi North America to deliver successful revenue accretive contracts worth over $80M in revenue for top 3rd party operators across Canada: Compass, Aramark & Sodexo
· Negotiated preferred partnership for Compass/Foodbuy worth over $43M annually. Engineered successful customer summits resulting in unprecedented ‘first to market’ access with Compass for all innovation (foods and beverages) worth an additional $20M annually
· Led renewal of 7Eleven foodservice contract maintaining primary positioning versus competitor as well as innovation lead - worth over $30M in revenue. Pioneered research and development protocol for all future flavour expansion of Slurpee brand
· Executed conversion of over 300 competitor-led accounts with Sodexo, worth an additional $10M in revenue
· Awarded top female fundraiser for Men’s Cancer Awareness ‘Movember’ for PepsiCo Globally.
Director of Sales, Regional Accounts, New Business Development (2013 – 2015 Montreal)
Lead a team of 12 National Account Managers responsible for over 60 regional key accounts throughout Canada. Implemented strategic plan for new business acquisitions including: ‘Go to Market’ strategies, development of target lists, customer presentations, profit and loss (P&L) and contractual guidelines. $175M
· Developed and implemented new business pipeline to deliver conversions of strategically targeted retail and foodservice accounts across Canada. Delivered 23 news accounts (13% over international average) including The Keg, one of Canada’s largest restaurant chains
· Worked closely with cross-functional teams (legal, finance and marketing) across both Canada and U.S. to realize synergy between organizations for new business pitches;
· Elected as Executive Sponsor for Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF).
Director Retail Sales, Commercialization Gatorade (2011 – 2013 Chicago)
Lead the commercialization of all new Gatorade and Propel product innovation including packaging evolution, new flavour expansion, merchandising improvements and new product launches. In parallel, manage all sales related communications to field organization.
· Acted as sales planning lead for all multi-channel commercialization projects working with cross-functional teams including finance, marketing, supply chain and research & development. Completed 22 projects impacting 2011 and 2012 businesses. Delivering year over year growth in a declining market.
· Developed and led socialization and implementation of new Gatorade packaging including single market closure test and launch implementation for PepsiCo western markets;
· Recognized as top 20 Fundraiser for Breast Cancer Awareness for State of Illinois.
Director of Retail Sales (2000 - 2011 various roles Chicago)
Responsible for leading go to market strategy for PepsiCo’s emerging brands (Hydration, Energy, Teas and Coffee). Led headquarter call coverage for top retailers across U.S. in Grocery, Drug, Convenience & Gas, Mass Merch and Large format.
· Worked with customer base to deliver unique programming, merchandising and marketing initiative to drive traffic, increase basket and market basket.
· Tasked with management of $50MM budget to drive Energy brand specific initiatives across the US. Delivered double digit growth for Grocery and Convenience and Gas despite saturated market with over 100+ new brand competitors
· Collaborated with cross functional team on launch of SoBe Lifewater. Including: Go to market strategy for distributors (bottlers), customer marketing and merchandising plans
Director Retail Business Development, Hydration & Energy brands
Director Retail National Accounts, SoBe brands
National New Business Acquisitions Manager
National Account Sales Manager
Senior Marketing Development Manager
Key Account Sales Manager
Territory Development Manager
Senior Foodservice Sales Account Manager
Vending Account Manager
Performance Management - Role Writing and Composition – Executive Mentorship Coaching & Leading – Contract Negotiations – Diversity & Inclusion Training
MEMBERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Member, Alzheimer’s Group of Montreal 2018 to present
Member, Women’s Foodservice Foundation 2013 – 2019
Member, Women’s Retail Leadership 2000 - 2013